Hello, my name is Dike Drummond.
I am a Mayo-trained family doctor and an executive coach. For the last decade, I have specializing in helping doctors navigate the life transition of physician burnout.
As CEO of TheHappyMD.com, I have over 3000 hours of one-on-one coaching experience with burned out physicians in all specialties. I have trained over 40,000 doctors to recognize and prevent burnout in the US, Canada, UK and Australia.
Your experience of this COVID-19 Pandemic has many similarities to a doctor's experience of burnout.
Each is a transformational crisis. In both cases you experience a sudden implosion of your comfort zone, a massive increase the intensity of your daily whirlwind and a disorienting loss of control.
- It is so easy to freeze - like the classic deer in the headlights.
- Or fall into Victim Mode and blame, justify and complain and pray for a savior.
When the only way forward is to find your center, refocus on what is truly important to you and your family, then recreate who you are and how you practice ... in the new reality whenever it arrives.
The Pandemic Survival Guide shares our top five tools to navigate this crisis -- tested and refined in thousands of hours of practice with doctors in similar life and career threatening circumstances.
These are short lessons delivered in weekly bites.
- Learn effective tools to deal with volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous times
- Shift your awareness and thinking
- Take back your Locus of Control
- Build simple action plans to be focused and on purpose
- Learn and practice simple, effective self care habits
- Develop your power of Foresight
- Stay prepared to step into the New Normal no matter how long the crisis lasts